Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Friday, November 27, 2009

The Engagement

Trying to write down how I feel about my engagement with May. It is hard. This is a topic I have never written before. I dreamt of this a few times, but I can never see a clear image of my proposer's face, nor the engagement ring she was holding. Now I look at May and look at the engagement ring, it's like the mystery solved and the dream came true.

Being with May for four years is really like a sweet dream to me. It seems so effortless. Most of the time, we agree with each other's opinion on everything. Occasionally, we look at things differently, however, we always manage to agree to disagree and show great respect of each other's view. I never need to question, who loves who more because I know so well that no one in this world loves me like she does. There are countless time I felt in my heart," Other than her, nobody else I want."

But when life is so perfect already when we live together, I question the necessity of change. Although, we did plan for getting married later in our life, I don't want to put too much pressure on her shoulder. It is easy for us to live together because we are so customize for each other already. However, when comes to make a life-long promise, a lot more courage is needed.

Lots of courage is needed for the actions of kneeling down in front of someone and giving her a diamond ring, because of the huge symbolic meaning such actions signifies. It represents the willingness of giving the world to her and laying down one’s dignity, in exchange of her being in your life. Whether it's good or bad, it is a promise of willing to take good care of her. This promise will never break and last forever, like the diamond in the engagement ring. In order to make this promise, one need to go through all the lesson of picking a best diamond and spend a big chuck of money. No one would like to go thru all this hassle, unless she is the love of one’s life.

But May went through all this for me. She gave me the prettiest diamond in the world. Every spark, every blink in the diamond shows her effort, her heart and her love to me. I cannot image how many thought and time she had put in, in order to get me this ring. I was thrill when she put the ring on me. I was so touch when knowing she worked overtime to get me this ring. To me, this is the biggest diamond in the world. It's the biggest, not because of its size, but the love from May it represents.

With this ring, our new chapter of life begins. This chapter will be full of challenges. But I have a feeling; this chapter will only be better, sweeter and happier.
*
*
*
Dear May,

Thank you for giving me the prettiest ring in the world. I love it so much.
It means so much to me when this is a promise of forever from the one I love.
I really appreciate for your understanding and patient on me when the times getting hard.
Knowing that you are by my side, the hardest thing will not dread me.
It's my greatest honor to be able to share my life with you.
May our "source of life" will never end.
You are my one and only.

With all my loves and gratitude,

Carman

P.S. Click to see: honey's engagement post and photo


No comments:

Post a Comment